Idaho Falls School District 91 is committed to creating student athletes in a competitive culture. Guide to District 91 Athletics
Our Sports Philosophy:
We believe the key to accomplishing this goal is:
- Encouraging and developing student athletes and providing sufficient opportunities for students to develop individual abilities.
- Encouraging the development of team spirit among all members of our teams and their coaches.
- Developing good attitudes of pride, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior in students, participants and spectators.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships between athletic teams and student bodies, faculties, administrators and the community.
- Teaching the fundamentals and techniques of each sport in a progressive sequence through developing programs for grades 7-12 through a coordinated effort.
Our Goals & Objectives for Our Sports Programs:
The goal of Idaho Falls School District 91's athletic programs is to develop student athletes in a competitive culture by:
- Providing activities that meet the needs of a variety of student interests and abilities.
- Fostering a culture committed to excellence and reaching the highest possible level of achievement.
- Providing value-based programs focused on good character.
- Promoting the understanding of the value of activities in the educational process.
- Promoting and representing a positive image of school activities.
- Providing opportunities for the student athlete to seek and achieve academic, athletic and personal potential.
- Providing and encouraging professional development for coaches through school district events/activities.
Parent Code of Conduct
A parent’s “Coaching Job” is the toughest one of all and takes a lot of effort. Sometimes in a desire to help your child, best intentions can end up being counterproductive. Applying the rules of Positive Sports Parenting can go a long way toward promoting sportsmanship and fostering an environment where your child can enjoy and excel in sports. Read More...
District 91 takes care to ensure all extracurricular activities are as safe as practicable, it is not possible to remove all danger from such activities, and the District acknowledges that concussions may result. The purpose of this policy is to address situations in which student concussions have occurred or are suspected to have occurred. Read More...