Idaho Core Standards
The Common Core Initiative is a state-led effort to establish a shared set of clear educational standards for English language arts and mathematics.
These standards are designed to ensure students graduating from high school are prepared to go to college or enter the workforce and that parents, teachers, and students have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
Today, 43 states, the District of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) have voluntarily adopted the standards.