Math in Focus Videos
The district's new Math In Focus curriculum is designed to help children develop a deep, rich understanding of mathematics. It includes new strategies to help children learn about mathematical concepts. Those strategies include things like number bonds, mental math and sorting and classifying numbers in new ways. This video library should provide parents with the information and tips they need to help their children at home with these new ideas.
This video library includes a wide range of subjects from "Learning to Count" to "The Importance of Mental Math." Here's a full listing of the available videos.
- Learning to Classify & Compare
- Learning to Count
- Learning About Small Numbers & Teen Numbers
- Learning About Adding & Subtracting Numbers
- Learning Addition/Subtraction Facts w/Number Bonds
- Learning Multiplication/Division Facts
- Understanding Ratios
- Learning About Fractions
- Learning About Decimals
- Learning About Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying & Dividing Fractions
- Learning About Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying & Dividing Decimals
- The Importance of Mental Math